Student Play Library Card
- Visit prlib.org and click on "library catalog" in the menu. Click "my account" at the top right of the page.
- Type “COM” (in all caps) and your 5-digit Commerce City School System student ID number. Ex. COM12345
- Your initial password is the student’s birth month and year. Ex. 062010 (Born in June 2010).
Benefits of the PLAY library card are endless!
- Search the catalog of over 11 million items for books, DVD’s, audiobooks and more!
- Access the Online World Book Encyclopedia and nonfiction ebooks!
- Use Mango, the highest-rated language-learning app, for free!
- Download audio books for free via Libby!
- Practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, and others!
- Store a list of books you’ve read and want to read.
When your student visits a library in-person, there are even more perks!
- Request items from 300+ PINES libraries across Georgia for free delivery to your local library.
- Ask our expert staff for book recommendations.
- Check out up to five items (books, DVD’s, audiobooks).
- Pay no late fees!
- Attend free storytelling, activities and special events.
The purpose of this program is to provide every student in the Commerce City School System with public library card access provided by Piedmont Regional Library System (PRLS). To this end, the parties agree to undertake the following:
- CCSS agrees to designate PRLS as a school official for purposes of FERPA, and to provide access to personally identifiable student information only in accordance therewith.
- CCSS will provide PRLS with the following for every student enrolled in CCSS: student ID number, first and last name, birth date, school, grade, address, phone number, and parent email address.
- PRLS will integrate CCSS Student ID numbers with PRLS/PINES Library accounts to allow every student enrolled in CCSS instant access to PRLS databases and materials. Implementation will include training for students and staff on PRLS's educational resources.
- At all times during the use or maintenance of the student information provided for in this agreement, PRLS agrees that is subject to the direction and control of the CCSS with regard to the handling of the above-described student information.
- Upon the specific, written request of any parent, guardian or eligible student, PRLS agrees to permanently destroy any student information for said student obtained under this agreement. This provision shall be inapplicable to any separately or independently created PRLS records associated with the student.
If a parent disagrees with any of the above, they may choose to opt-out their child from access. Please opt-out using the Parent Portal.
*Georgia Library PINES (Public Information Network for Electronic Services) is the public library automation and lending network for 300 libraries and affiliated service outlets in 53 library systems serving 146 counties in Georgia.