District‎ > ‎Notices‎ > ‎

HB 91 Petition Processing

posted Jun 17, 2015, 7:39 AM by Tobie Jones   [ updated Jun 17, 2015, 7:40 AM ]

1. All students wishing to petition for HB 91 diploma need to complete the application form from the Commerce City Schools website (download the HB91 Petition Form below). Students must mail or take the form, along with a copy of their ID card, to the guidance counselor at Commerce High School.

2. Each submitted application will be logged by the CHS guidance office.

3. The counselor (or his/her qualified designee) will be responsible for vetting the transcript to ensure the student met graduation requirements based on credit. The high school principal and guidance counselor will sign off on the application depending on the outcome of the review.   If the petitioner meets requirements the counselor or designee should immediately inform the data collections specialist in Central Office to make the needed changes to the transcript to reflect the status as a graduate. The counselor or designee should check to see if the student has a current diploma on file that can be issued. 

4. Students will be contacted via email and/or form letter of the outcome. The principal at CHS will sign off on the final transcript for issuance to students.  If the student qualifying for graduation would like a diploma and one is not currently on file at the high school, the counselor will order diplomas for interested students on a quarterly basis. 

5. The high school counselor and data collections specialist at central office are responsible for all tracking and data collection of petitioners.  The high school counselor and data collections specialist will submit the annual report to the state department of education.

Tobie Jones,
Jun 17, 2015, 7:39 AM